Potato Rösti :
6 medium grated and lightly packed potatoes (I use a food processor with the grater blade for this task)
1 grated red onion (I also use a food processor with the grater blade for this task)
15 minced basil leaves
3 tbsp olive oil
Preheat the oven (175°C).Place the shredded potatoes in a large bowl. Add the onion, basil, oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Use a spoon to mix until well combined.
- Place about 2 spoons of the mixture into your hand and press firmly to
flatten. Place it in on the baking tray. Repeat with more of the mixture, making as many röstis as you can without crowding the tray.
- Cook them for 10/15 minutes, till golden brown (I overcooked them a bit as you can see..) Carefully flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 medium-large sweet-tart apple, stemmed and cored, and cut into 1 cm dices
- 250 g canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high.
- Add onion and a pinch of sea salt and saute, stirring frequently, for about a minute.
- Add apple and saute, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes more or until onion and apple are tender and beginning to develop some color.
- Stir in beans, curry powder, and remaining tablespoon of olive oil, and heat through. Adjust seasoning with additional salt if necessary.