This morning I made a bowl of fresh tahini sauce. Tahini, it’s a dense paste made from crushed sesame seeds. It’s extremely versatile and can be used in cooking sweet and savory dishes. Even better, it’s packed with essential vitamins and minerals!
– It’s rich in minerals such as phosphorus, lecithin, magnesium, potassium & iron.
– It’s a good source of Methionine, which aids in liver detoxification.
– It’s one of the best sources of calcium.
– It prevents anemia.
– It’s high in vitamin E and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B15.
– It is high in unsaturated fat
– It’s easy for your body to digest because of its high alkaline mineral content
– It helps to maintain healthy skin and muscle tone.
– It is a higher protein source than most nuts.
Tahini sauce is a mixture of tahini paste, lemon juice, garlic, and water. This traditional Middle Eastern sauce is served and used in pita sandwiches, marinades, and dips,to accompany dishes like hummus, falafel…. an also as a dairy-free alternative to cream sauce.
This sauce is very easy to make, gluten free, vegan, healthy and last but not least it’s ADDICTIVE!! 😉 I could easily eat it as it is, scraping it from the bowl with my finger, I really love it!
1/2 cup tahini
1/2 tsp minced garlic
Juice 1 lemon
4 tbsp water
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp maple syrup
salt to taste
In a medium bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, maple syrup; season with salt. Slowly stir in water.