Here come my last post dedicated to green smoothies, and together with my recipe I’d like to remind you why green smoothies rock:
- They are healthier than fruit or vegetable juices.
- They are a good way to eat your veggies without even realizing it.
- They can be a great way to get kids to “eat” their vegetables!
- They are packed with vitamins and are a good source of energy!
- Green smoothies are so quick to make, you just need a blender!
- They are filling but low in calories, and contain high amounts of water and fiber. You will feel as if you just ate a full meal.
The main ingredient on my last green smoothie is Mango! The generous amounts of vitamon C and A in mangos, plus 25 different kinds of carotenoids keep your immune system healthy and strong! It prevents cancer and lower cholesterol. The fiber in mangos also helps digestion and elimination. Last but not least mangos taste so good that people forget they are also healthy! 🙂
Tropical Green Smoothie
1 cup water
1 1/2 handfuls of lettuce
1/2 cup frozen melon
Place lettuce and water into blender and blend until it looks like a green juice. Stop blender and add remaining ingredients to blender. Blend until creamy! Enjoy